Augmented reality is a technology that allows us to use our smartphones or other devices to see the world around us in a new way. This can be achieved by using an app, which will then overlay computer-generated content onto the real life objects around us. While augmented reality has been used in some pretty crazy ways over the past few years, it also offers many practical uses too!
Augmented reality has been used in a wide range of useful applications over the past few years.
Augmented reality is a technology that allows computer-generated images and objects to be superimposed on a user’s view of the real world, thus providing a composite view. Augmented reality can be used in many areas such as entertainment, travel and tourism, medicine etc.
It can be used as a marketing tool
You can use augmented reality as a marketing tool in many ways. The most obvious is to show customers how a product works, by placing it on top of an object or person and letting them interact with it. But you can also provide information about your product, like how long it takes to charge or what its dimensions are. If they want more detail, you could even create an immersive experience where they get pulled into the world where they can see every little detail up close.
You don’t have to stick with just one type of AR either; mix up different types so that each experience feels unique!
It can be used to provide information
Augmented reality (AR) is the technology that allows you to view virtual objects in your real-world surroundings. AR has many applications, and can be used to provide information in a variety of ways:
- Using a tablet or phone – For example, if you’re in an unfamiliar city and want to find some nearby restaurants and bars, you could pull up an app on your phone that shows icons for each place on a map. This allows you to see which places are nearby without having to ask someone or look at a paper map.
- Using head mounted displays (HMDs) – HMDs are devices such as Google Glasses or Microsoft HoloLens that project images directly onto users’ retinas so they appear three-dimensional without requiring them wear glasses or contacts lenses like traditional virtual reality headsets do; however unlike those systems AR doesn’t require special equipment since all you need is just one lens!
It can be used in education and training
Augmented reality can be used in education and training to explain complex concepts, show how things work, show how things are made, and much more.
It’s perfect for explaining how something works or how something was built. For example: You could use augmented reality to show the inner workings of a car engine; how a cell phone is assembled; or even give students an inside look at their school’s facilities that they might not otherwise get access too (like seeing inside the school cafeteria).
It can be used for entertainment purposes
Augmented reality can be used for entertainment purposes. Games, music, sports and cinema are all made more interesting with augmented reality. It can also be used to enhance your TV experience by allowing you to interact with what’s on screen or even play along with it.
It can be used to create art pieces and designs on the spot.
- Microsoft Paint can be used to create art pieces on the spot.
- Tilt Brush is another great app that allows you to paint in 3D space.
- The Google Arts and Culture app lets you use your phone’s camera to take pictures of famous works of art, both real and imagined (like Van Gogh’s Starry Night).
Augmented Reality offers a wide range of uses, some of which are unexpected.
- Augmented reality can be used to create art.
- It’s also great for entertainment, like the Pokemon Go app that has been downloaded over 1 billion times.
- AR can provide information in real time and on demand, making it ideal for education and training purposes.
- Companies are using augmented reality as a marketing tool by providing virtual experiences of their products before you buy them; this helps customers make more informed decisions when they’re shopping online or in store!
Augmented reality is a technology with great potential. It can be used for many different purposes, and there are so many more uses that we haven’t even thought about yet!